A warehouse management system (WMS) is a software application that helps standardize and manage daily operations in a warehouse. It optimizes warehouse functionality, provides visibility to inventory specifications and movement, and facilitates supply chain fulfillment operations from the distribution center to the destination. A WMS typically includes basic functionality to manage the following:
- Storage specifications
- Inventory movement
Beyond the basics
A standard WMS optimizes product movement and inventory tracking. However, a top-tier WMS includes additional functionality that holistically addresses all other functions that come with efficient warehouse management. These premium systems contain advanced features that enable companies to do the following:
- Centralize standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Streamline resource management and directed work
- Monitor safety and centralize damage claims
- Facilitate continuous operational improvement with KPIs and goal measurement
- Streamline project scope management to drive consistency and accurate billing
- Save money by automating expense, billing, and rate management
- Manage planned and unplanned extraordinary customer services with ease
Benefits of a WMS
Warehouses play a crucial role in positioning your company to meet its productivity goals. A WMS increases efficiency, consistency, and quality control while reducing the likelihood of errors that could occur throughout a supply chain. With the right WMS in place, sales and profits can increase due to precise processes and faster, more accurate orders.
A WMS can be used by itself or integrated with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system. An ERP streamlines processes and information by managing the business functions of a supply chain like inventory control, order management, and compliance within a centralized location. Integrating a WMS with an ERP prevents the replication of systems or procedures and adds functionality to run a more efficient warehouse. This allows your business to grow with a system in place that evolves to fit your needs. A high-caliber WMS gives companies the tools they need to be competitive while staying compliant with government regulations.
WOW Logistics Warehouse Management System Solution
Warehousing is WOW Logistics’ core competency. We understand warehousing needs and can align our WMS to meet the requirements of your business when you select one of our warehousing solutions like contract operations or third-party logistics. Our WMS is a superior technology solution that offers numerous benefits to your business, including:
- A team of experts for custom, accurate integrations
- User-friendly administration control panels for easy configuration
- A proven, repeatable implementation process
- Access to an expansive library of SOPs with on-screen instructions
- An “out-of-the-box” dashboard with KPIs and push notifications for streamlined operations
An efficient WMS is just one perk WOW Logistics offers as part of our warehousing services. Our other integrated supply chain solutions focus on real estate development, operations, and inventory financing.
Explore our website to learn more.